If you are bored with plain old cucumber and you have about 30 extra minutes, then why not elevate a plain vegetable to the new heights? It's a perfect refreshing accompaniment to a hearty dish.
recipe adapted from carina-forum
- English cucumber - 1
- Fresh chilli or jalapeno or dried red pepper flakes - 1/2 pepper or 1 teaspoon
- Maple syrup - 2 teaspoons
- Vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dill, finely chopped - 1 tablespoon (I used parsley this time)
- Peel the cucumber and slice it into thin rounds.
- Put the cucumbers into a shallow dish, add salt, pepper and herbs. Mix.
- In a separate bowl mix vinegar and maple syrup together.
- Pour the vinegar mixture onto the cucumbers and mix really well.
- Put the cucumbers into the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Mix occasionally.