I don’t really like apples. They are probably my least favourite
fruit. Well, actually I don’t like fruit too much. If I have a choice
between vegetables and fruit, I’d definitely go for veggies. I’d rather
eat a whole tomato or a cucumber than an apple or a pear. Still, not all
fruit are so low on my list of favourites. I absolutely adore mangoes
and I love juicy and perfectly ripe watermelon; I crave tangerines
during winters and nectarines when it’s warm. Apples, however, are
rarely present on my kitchen counter. But I must admit, that when it
comes to pies, apples are one of my favourite choices and they only come
second to cherries. So, what a girl can do when she suddenly craves
that apple pie taste, but has absolutely no desire to make a pie? A
Baked Apple of course! Well, the “of course” part apparently is not that
obvious as it turned out that some people have never even heard of such
a thing as Baked Apple.
recipe for one serving
- Apple, washed and cored – 1
- Dates, pitted and chopped – 2
- Pecans, chopped – 1.5 table spoons
- Lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
- Brown sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1/4 teaspoon
– Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
– Pour the lemon juice inside the apple.
– Mix the dates and pecans together.
– Place the nut mixture into the apple.
– Mix the sugar and cinnamon together, sprinkle on top of the filling.
– Place the apple in an ovenproof dish.
– Bake for around 30 minutes until the apple is soft and the skin is wrinkled.