I love my ice cream maker. It’s so much fun and if I am making a
Philadelphia style (no custard) ice cream, it only takes a few minutes
to make. This ice cream is one of those really quick ones with only a
handful of ingredients, besides Peanut Butter and Chocolate are a match
made in heaven.
recipe from The Perfect Scool by David Lebovitz
- Cream 10%, half and half – 2 cups
- Unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Creamy peanut butter – 1/2 cup
– Whisk together the cream, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large saucepan.
– Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil.
– Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until blended.
– Chill the mixture thoroughly.
– Then freeze it in you ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.