I was a little skeptical trying out this recipe for the first time. I
don’t really trust chocolate recipes that do not call for chocolate and I
wasn’t sure if cocoa powder would give the cakes that rich chocolate
taste. But this recipe rocks! It’s one of the once that make over and
over again and I don’t get tired of it. And a good thing is that you can
make these a night before the event, since they are much better the next
day. Somehow, the chocolate taste intensifies after a few hours.
recipe adapted from martha stewart
for 12-15 cupcakes
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
- All-purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Butter, room temperature – 140 g (10 tablespoons)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs, large – 3
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Sour cream – 1/2 cup
– Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
– Line the muffin tin with paper liners.
– In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
– In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
– Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
– Reduce speed to low.
– Add flour mixture alternating with sour cream, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
– Pour the batter into the muffin pans.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean