Egg salad is something really simple and sometimes bland. But this
version elevates this boring dish to a new level with addition of capers
and tarragon mustard.
recipe adapted from The Oprah Magazine Cookbook
- Eggs – 4
- Mayo – 2 tablespoons
- Tarragon mustard – 2 teaspoons
- Lemon salt, lemon pepper – to taste
- Capers, rinsed and chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Green onion, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Cilantro, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Dill, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Thyme, leaves chopped – 3 sprigs
- Toasted bread slices
– Bring a medium saucepan filled three quarters with water to a boil.
– Add eggs and cool 9 minutes (center of yolk will be slightly creamy).
– Carefully pour off hot water and rinse eggs with cold running water to cool.
– Peel eggs and roughly chop.
– Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
– Spread the salad onto toasted bread.