If you are bored with plain old cucumber and you have about 30 extra
minutes, then why not elevate a plain vegetable to the new heights? It’s
a perfect refreshing accompaniment to a hearty dish.
recipe adapted from carina-forum
- English cucumber – 1
- Fresh chilli or jalapeno or dried red pepper flakes – 1/2 pepper or 1 teaspoon
- Maple syrup – 2 teaspoons
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dill, finely chopped – 1 tablespoon (I used parsley this time)
– Peel the cucumber and slice it into thin rounds.
– Put the cucumbers into a shallow dish, add salt, pepper and herbs. Mix.
– In a separate bowl mix vinegar and maple syrup together.
– Pour the vinegar mixture onto the cucumbers and mix really well.
– Put the cucumbers into the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Mix occasionally.