In case if you were wondering what was that green thing in the background in my Homemade Tortillas post, it was Avocado Hummus. Since I am currently addicted to avocados, I just knew that I had to try this recipe when I saw it. I can't say that I like hummus very much. I mean I can eat it and enjoy it, but it's not something I usually crave. This recipe was a bit too much on a hummus side for me, so I think it would be better with a little less chickpeas and a bit more avocados. So, here's my less hummus-ey version, but all the ingredients can be increased or decreased based on your personal taste.
recipe adapted from carina-forum
- Chickpeas, drained and rinsed - 1/2 to 1 can (add more or less depending on your love for chickpeas and desired taste)
- Avocados - 2 small
- Tahini paste - 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Lemon juice - 2-3 tablespoons (to taste)
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Water - enough to thin the dip to the desired consistency (3-5 tablespoons)
- Salt, pepper
- Process all the ingredients except for the water in a food processor, until they become very smooth.
- Add some water to thin out the dip to the desired consistency.
- Season to taste.