What can be better for a lazy Sunday breakfast than pancakes? Blueberry pancakes, perhaps? With a drizzle of luscious sweet maple syrup. Why do Sundays only happen once a week?
recipe adapted from Breakfast by Williams-sonoma
about 16 pancakes
- Flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons
- Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk - 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons
- Eggs, lightly whisked - 2
- Butter, melted - 2 tablespoons
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt. Stir until well mixed and make a well in the
- Pour the eggs, the ilk, and melted butter in the well, then gradually whisk from the centre outward, until the ingredients are wll combined but still a little lumpy.
- Do not (!!!) overmix the batter, or the pancakes will be heavy and tough.
- Very gently stir in the blueberries. The batter will be thick.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush it with oil.
- Slowly ladle 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet.
- When the pancakes begin to bubble in the centre and the undersides are golden, after about 2 minutes, flip them
- Cool until the second side is golden, about 1 minute longer.