I love my ice cream maker. It's so much fun and if I am making a Philadelphia style (no custard) ice cream, it only takes a few minutes to make. This ice cream is one of those really quick ones with only a handful of ingredients, besides Peanut Butter and Chocolate are a match made in heaven.
recipe from The Perfect Scool by David Lebovitz
- Cream 10%, half and half - 2 cups
- Unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Creamy peanut butter - 1/2 cup
- Whisk together the cream, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a large saucepan.
- Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until blended.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly.
- Then freeze it in you ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.