So, being vegan is not a reason to forgo desserts. These little "truffle" gems are healthy, nutritious and extremely tasty. And although they are not real truffles, they look and taste just like them. The recipe is very easy and versatile, you can change the fruit, you can add some liqueur, you can dip them in chocolate, or roll them in cookies and/or nuts. You don't even have to make this into truffles; the original recipe was for "brownies". I highly recommend to try this dessert even if you are not vegan, because it's amazing!
recipe adapted from 28 cooks
for 20 "truffles"
- Pitted prunes - 1/2 cup
- Pitted dates - 1/2 cup
- Pecans - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup (plus more for rolling)
- maple syrup - 3 tablespoons
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until everything is finely chopped and resembles a dense paste.
- You might need to do it in batches if the mixture is very dense and your processor struggles with it.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop some of the paste, roll into a ball and roll in cocoa powder.