Egg salad is something really simple and sometimes bland. But this version elevates this boring dish to a new level with addition of capers and tarragon mustard.
recipe adapted from The Oprah Magazine Cookbook
- Eggs - 4
- Mayo - 2 tablespoons
- Tarragon mustard - 2 teaspoons
- Lemon salt, lemon pepper - to taste
- Capers, rinsed and chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Green onion, chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Cilantro, chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Dill, chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Thyme, leaves chopped - 3 sprigs
- Toasted bread slices
- Bring a medium saucepan filled three quarters with water to a boil.
- Add eggs and cool 9 minutes (center of yolk will be slightly creamy).
- Carefully pour off hot water and rinse eggs with cold running water to cool.
- Peel eggs and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Spread the salad onto toasted bread.