This is a really good recipe for a flavourful glaze that works perfectly on this flaky fish and would be great with glass noodles, vegetable stir-fry, tofu and even chicken. It's easy to make with the ingredients that are most likey in your pantry anyway.
>recipe adapted from The Complete Light Kitchen by Rose Reisman
for 4 portions
- Hoisin sauce - 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Sesame oil - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic, minced - 1 teaspoon
- Maple Syrup - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, grated - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salmon filets - 4
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C)
- Mix the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, maple syrup and ginger together.
- Put the salmon filets onto a baking sheet lined with oiled parchment paper.
- Brush the fish with half the hoisin glaze.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the rest of the sauce.