I like soups. I like lentils. And I love lentil soups. This recipe is a staple in my kitchen. It needs only a handful of ingredients that are usually in my pantry and just a few minutes to make. The result is delicious, refreshing, healthy, and tasty Lemon Lentil Soup.
recipe adapted from carina-forum
for 4 portions
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, crushed or chopped - 2-3 cloves
- Red lentils - 1 cup
- Stock - 5 cups
- Lemon juice and zest - 1 lemon (or less to taste)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In a medium pot heat the oil on medium heat, add garlic and saute
for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly so that garlic doesn't
- Add lentils and saute for a minute.
- Add stock, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes until lentils are cooked through. If simmered a little longer, the soup will be of almost puree consistency.
- Add lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper to taste.