I think I found a new food addiction. Well, I still have about five avacados on my counter, but my newest addiction is this Yogurt Cheese or as it is called in Middle East - Labneh. I now use a little different method, I wrap the yogurt in a lot of cheese cloth and then hang it over a deep bowl for a couple of hours. Those few hours are enough to drain the yogurt and get a nice, soft, creamy and tangy cheese. This time it's paired with peppery arugula (my other new favourite food), salty prosciutto and roasted and caramelized asparagus. Beautiful combination for a very tasty sandwich.
recipe adapted from carina-forum
- Yogurt Cheese (or your favourite cream cheese)
- Asparagus (+ olive oil, salt, pepper)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Wash asparagus, snap off the woody ends, arrange the spears onto a baking sheet, lightly cover with olive oil, salt, pepper and roast for a few minutes until they are cooked to your liking.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread some cheese onto a bread, lightly salt it.
- Arrange a few arugula leaves on the cheese.
- Wrap prosciutto around cooked and still warm asparagus.
- Place the wrapped asparagus on top of the arugula leaves.
- Ground the pepper on top.