So, here's the thing. I love food! Different food! Bad-for-you food. I love cheese, any cheese, be it cream cheese, hard cheese, soft cheese, goats cheese, blue cheese. I love bacon, and pancetta, and prosciutto, and ham, salami, roast beef, hot dogs, sausages. And I love cream, and butter, and milk. All these fatty foods are my love. And meat - mmm... thick and juicy steak, gamey quails, flaky salmon. And eggs, ah, eggs! Fried, boiled, in omelettes, in fritattas. Ah, all this food, how much I love it!!!
And with all my love for this food I decided to experiment with... veganism... Yes! So, here's the first recipe from my "vegan series".
recipe from carina-forum
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- Garlic, sliced - 4 big cloves
- Dried chilli flakes - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cut about 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) off the end of each sprout.
- Remove and discard the outer leaves.
- Remove and save the rest of the leaves until you get to a heart of a sprout.
- Cut the heart of a sprout in half.
- Heat the oil together with the sliced garlic in a big skillet on medium heat.
- Fry the garlic for about 4 minutes until it's golden, but not burned.
- Add the brussels sprouts leaves and hearts into the skillet and mix.
- Season with salt and chilli flakes.
- Cover and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes mixing occasionally.
- After 4-5 minutes, turn the leaves on the other side, using tonks, cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes until they are cooked through and shrank a little.
- The leaves shouldn't get too much colour, just a little caramelization here and there.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice, mix and serve.