Warm, salty, and satisfying recipe for a cold night. Crunch bacon and soft peas are perfect contrast to chewie pasta.
recipe adapted from Everyday Food Magazine
- Spaghetti - 150 g
- Bacon, chopped - 6 strips
- Onion, chopped - 1
- Cream 10%, half and half - 1/2 cup
- Pasta water - 1/2 cup
- Frozen peas - 1/2 cup
- Salt, pepper
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and save 1/2-1 cup cooking water.
- Fry the bacon until it's crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to get rid off some excess oil.
- Drain a little bit of the bacon fat, leaving only 1-2 tablespoons.
- Saute the onion in bacon fat until it's caramelized.
- Add cream and 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan and let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the peas and let them warm through.
- Return the bacon to the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, mix and check for seasoning.
- Add more pasta water if the sauce is too thick.