Salmon caviar is very popular in Russian culture. It's mostly eaten on a white toast, but also used as a filling for crepes. And that's the only way I used to eat it, but then I thought that there surely is another way and I was right. This pasta is really good with creamy caviar dill sauce and tender scallops.
recipe adapted from carina-forum
for 2 portions
- Spaghetti - 200 g
- Scallops - 8
- Butter - 20 g
- Cream - 100 ml
- Salmon caviar - 100 g
- Dill, chopped - 3 tablespoons
- Pasta water
- salt, pepper
- Cook the spaghetti al dente.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, in a large skillet melt the butter/
- Add the scallops and fry for 2-3 minutes until they are nicely caramelized and cooked.
- Add cream, dill and caviar to the pan (leaving a little for garnish).
- Drain the spaghetti reserving a little bit of pasta water.
- Add pasta to the pan with the sauce, thin with reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with the rest of the caviar as garnish.