So, here’s the thing. I love food! Different food! Bad-for-you food. I
love cheese, any cheese, be it cream cheese, hard cheese, soft cheese,
goats cheese, blue cheese. I love bacon, and pancetta, and prosciutto,
and ham, salami, roast beef, hot dogs, sausages. And I love cream, and
butter, and milk. All these fatty foods are my love. And meat – mmm…
thick and juicy steak, gamey quails, flaky salmon. And eggs, ah, eggs!
Fried, boiled, in omelettes, in fritattas. Ah, all this food, how much I
And with all my love for this food I decided to experiment with…
veganism… Yes! So, here’s the first recipe from my “vegan series”.
recipe from carina-forum
- Brussels sprouts – 500 g
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Garlic, sliced – 4 big cloves
- Dried chilli flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
– Cut about 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) off the end of each sprout.
– Remove and discard the outer leaves.
– Remove and save the rest of the leaves until you get to a heart of a sprout.
– Cut the heart of a sprout in half.
– Heat the oil together with the sliced garlic in a big skillet on medium heat.
– Fry the garlic for about 4 minutes until it’s golden, but not burned.
– Add the brussels sprouts leaves and hearts into the skillet and mix.
– Season with salt and chilli flakes.
– Cover and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes mixing occasionally.
After 4-5 minutes, turn the leaves on the other side, using tonks,
cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes until they are cooked through and
shrank a little.
– The leaves shouldn’t get too much colour, just a little caramelization here and there.
– Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice, mix and serve.