Warm, salty, and satisfying recipe for a cold night. Crunch bacon and soft peas are perfect contrast to chewie pasta.
recipe adapted from Everyday Food Magazine
- Spaghetti – 150 g
- Bacon, chopped – 6 strips
- Onion, chopped – 1
- Cream 10%, half and half – 1/2 cup
- Pasta water – 1/2 cup
- Frozen peas – 1/2 cup
- Salt, pepper
– Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and save 1/2-1 cup cooking water.
– Fry the bacon until it’s crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to get rid off some excess oil.
– Drain a little bit of the bacon fat, leaving only 1-2 tablespoons.
– Saute the onion in bacon fat until it’s caramelized.
– Add cream and 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan and let it cook for about 1 minute.
– Add the peas and let them warm through.
– Return the bacon to the sauce.
– Add the pasta to the sauce, mix and check for seasoning.
– Add more pasta water if the sauce is too thick.