Salmon caviar is very popular in Russian culture. It’s mostly eaten on a
white toast, but also used as a filling for crepes. And that’s the only
way I used to eat it, but then I thought that there surely is another
way and I was right. This pasta is really good with creamy caviar dill
sauce and tender scallops.
recipe adapted from carina-forum
for 2 portions
- Spaghetti – 200 g
- Scallops – 8
- Butter – 20 g
- Cream – 100 ml
- Salmon caviar – 100 g
- Dill, chopped – 3 tablespoons
- Pasta water
- salt, pepper
– Cook the spaghetti al dente.
– While the spaghetti is cooking, in a large skillet melt the butter/
– Add the scallops and fry for 2-3 minutes until they are nicely caramelized and cooked.
– Add cream, dill and caviar to the pan (leaving a little for garnish).
– Drain the spaghetti reserving a little bit of pasta water.
– Add pasta to the pan with the sauce, thin with reserved pasta water if necessary.
– Season to taste.
– Serve with the rest of the caviar as garnish.