These Cauliflower Fritters are an easy and light vegetarian side dish. They taste delicious with some greek yogurt and would be perfect with mixed greens or poached egg.
I love cauliflower. I think it has a very beautiful and light flavour. My favourite way of eating it is just boiled until quite soft and then dipped into plain yogurt. I can eat almost a whole head of cauliflower like this. I also love adding it to soups, such as this Light Vegetable Soup – so healthy and flavourful.
Cauliflower Fritters are yummy, healthy and very easy to cook. I’ve been trying to make these for a couple of years now and although all my attempts tasted good, they weren’t like the ones my mom made when I was little. I couldn’t really understand what I was doing wrong until it got to me. I was cooking cauliflower al-dente, whereas my mom cooked it until it was soft. Once I realized that this was the key, these little gems turned out exactly like I remembered.
TIP: cook cauliflower to be really soft!
The flavour of these Cauliflower Fritters, or you can call them Cauliflower Pancakes, is very simple, they just taste of delicious cauliflower and this is how I like them, but I imagine that they’d be great with addition of some cheese and herbs like dill or parsley.
How to serve Cauliflower Fritters
- make them into smaller coin-like rounds and serve with smoked salmon or prosciutto
- add them to a charcuterie platter for a healthier version of bread or crackers
- serve with tzatziki sauce
- add a sunny side up egg over the cauliflower fritters for a delicious and healthy brunch
- 1 head cauliflower (about 600g)
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- seasoning to taste
- oil for pan frying
- Separate cauliflower into florets and cook in salted water until it's very soft, about 20 min, maybe more depending on your oven and pot you use.
- Drain cauliflower and let cool to room temperature.
- Dice cauliflower into small pieces. Since it's so soft, it can be done right in a large bowl. Just drag the knife a few times over the florets to dice them.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Brush a large frying pan with oil and heat on medium.
- Place large heaping spoonfuls of cauliflower mixture onto the pan and flatten.
- Cook on each side about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream or greek yogurt.
Mention or tag @Imagelicious