Cheesy Pumpkin Crescent Rolls are the easiest fall snack or appetizer. Delicious and very fast to make. Perfect for those cheese cravings. Great to make on a busy weeknight.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission.
Before I was a food blogger, I was a foodie. I made everything from scratch. I felt guilty using shortcuts. Then I became a mother.
I don’t find cooking difficult and I still make many things from scratch. But I do like a little help here in there.
For years, one of the items I’ve been avoiding was refrigerated dough for biscuits and crescent rolls. I only tried it for the first time just two years ago. And you know what? It wasn’t bad!
I will always take homemade dough over canned dough if both were given to me. But if I don’t have time, then I have no reservations about using those little dough logs. They are super convenient to use. The dough can be shaped any way you like. And they are amazing for fast and quick snacks or dinners.
Here’s another delicious recipe using refrigerated canned dough: Sheet Pan Ricotta-Crab Biscuit Ring Dip
These Cheesy Pumpkin Crescent Rolls are a delicious and quick snack. They are great to eat in the afternoon with a cup of tea and they are perfect to satisfy the cheesy-salty cravings. Very easy to prepare.
Ingredients to make Cheesy Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
- Seasonings (I used: chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, pepper)
- Pumpkin purée
- Crescent rolls dough
Recipes to use leftover pumpkin purée:
How to make Cheesy Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
These Cheesy Crescent Rolls are really easy to make, especially if your cheeses already shredded and diced. You could buy crumbled feta which would totally work here instead of diced feta. You also can use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, thus making the whole process incredibly quick and simple.
- Mix the cheeses, seasonings, and pumpkin purée.
- Unroll and separate crescent dough.
- Divide the filling between each dough triangle and roll into a crescent shape.
- Bake until golden brown.
Variations for Cheesy Crescent Rolls
What if you don’t like pumpkin? No worries! I use pumpkin as a binding ingredient for the cheese. Feel free to use ricotta instead of pumpkin.
Can you omit chili powder? I am going to be honest with you. I absolutely love cooking and baking with pumpkin but I am not a big fan of actual pumpkin flavour! So, for me, chili powder is pretty essential as it pairs well with pumpkin. If you don’t like spicy, feel free to omit.
I don’t use any salt in the seasoning as I find that there’s enough sodium in all the other cheeses but feel free to season to taste and add more other spices if desired.
You could add different dried herbs and some freshly minced garlic as well. Another variation would be to add some diced ham for a more filling snack.
More delicious appetizer and snack recipes:
- Swedish Sandwich Cake (Smörgåstårta)
- Sheet Pan Ricotta-Crab Biscuit Ring Dip
- Savoury Herbs and Cheese Muffins
Cheesy Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients except for the crescent rolls dough in a medium bowl until combined.
- Follow the instructions to open refrigerated canned crescent rolls dough.
- Unroll the dough and separate into individual triangles.
- Divide the cheesy pumpkin filling evenly between each piece of dough, place it at the bottom part of the trangle.
- Roll each piece of dough into a crescent shaped roll.
- Transfer each crescent roll onto a prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the dough is nicely golden brown and puffed up.
- Serve warm.
Mention or tag @Imagelicious