If you don’t have a grill and a backyard, it doesn’t mean that you
cannot enjoy a real steak at home. Follow these simple instructions and
you’ll have a perfect steak every time. It will save you money and
frustration of ordering steak at restaurants. I used to love to go out
for steak, but it cost a lot. Now I never order steak out because I know
that my home version is so much better.
recipe for success
- Steaks (filet mignon, rib eye, etc) – minimum 1 and a half inch thick
- Favourite spices – I use Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Olive oil
- Butter (optional)
- Cast iron skillet
– Liberally oil the steaks and season them with your favourite
spices. Let them stand at room temperature for about 30-45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425F (220C)
– Heat the cast iron skillet on high for 1.5-2 minutes until it’s smoking hot.
– Pan fry the steaks for about 1.5-2 minutes without touching them.
It might smoke a lot, so open the windows to let the smoke out. Since
the steaks are already oiled, you do not need to add any extra oil into
– Turn the steaks after 1.5-2 minutes.
– If you are not worried about cholesterol, then put a little knob of butter onto each steak.
– Pan fry the steaks without touching them for another 1.5-2 minutes.
– Put the skillet into the oven.
– For Medium Rare, leave the steaks in the oven for 3-3.5 minute, turning them halfway through.
– For Medium, leave the steaks in the oven for 5-5.5 minutes, turning them halfway through.
Leave a Reply