Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites are an incredibly easy and delicious dessert. Perfect to make in the summer if you don’t want to use an oven and great for a dinner party dessert. Rich, fudgy, delicious! They are also flourless and gluten-free!
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission.
I love baking in Instant Pot. It is definitely not the same as baking in the oven but there are certain recipes that just work really well in electric pressure cooker.
Regular cakes and quick breads work but they don’t work as well as soft pudding-style, fudgy cakes or cheesecakes. If the texture of the cake can handle being steamed then you could definitely make it in Instant Pot.
I was debating whether I should call these delicious desserts cakes or brownies but I chose cakes for no particular reason. They are like a soft, fudgy brownies or a delicious pudding in texture.
These Flourless Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites are utterly delicious! They are soft and moist. They taste similar to brownies or molten cakes with a hint of peanut butter. Perfect for a quick dessert!
If you like these Gluten-Free Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites, then try my 3-Ingredient Instant Pot Nutella Cake Bites, they are so good!
Ingredients to make Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites
These Instant Pot Cake Bites are also super easy to make and require only a few ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen.
- Chocolate chips
- Smooth peanut butter
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
There’s no flour in these Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites, so they are great for a gluten-free diet.
How to make Instant Pot Cake Bites
These Instant Pot Cake Bites can be made even by someone who doesn’t usually bake. They are perfect to make with kids also.
- Melt chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter together. Mix until smooth.
- Cool the chocolate mixture a little bit, then add the sugar, eggs, and mix until smooth again.
- Divide the mixture between egg bites moulds.
- Cover with foil and cook in Instant Pot on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Cool completely before un-moulding. Then enjoy!
NOTE: The batter will look very thin before you add the sugar and the eggs but once everything is mixed up, it’ll start to thicken up a bit.
Equipment to make Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites
- Instant Pot (this is the model that I have and love)
- Egg Bites Moulds – this is actually not the moulds I have; I have this particular model but it’s only available on canadian amazon.
- Bowl (needs to be able to either go in a microwave or on top of a pot with boiling water)
- Spatula or a whisk
Why bake in Instant Pot
I see a lot of posts online where people say that electric pressure cooker was not created for baking and it shouldn’t be used to bake cakes. In theory, that is correct. However, there are many reasons why you might want to bake in Instant Pot and although it may not replace oven, it might be a very useful option.
- Kitchen renovations. We lived without a working stove/oven for a few weeks when we had our kitchen renovated. I wish I had my Instant Pot back then as it would have made my life a lot easier.
- Road trip in RV.
- Staying at a hotel and saving a little bit of money.
- Not wanting to turn on the oven in the summer.
There are many reasons why people might choose to bake in Instant Pot and I am glad to be able to provide some recipes to do so.
How long does it actually take to make Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites
Depending on what method you use to melt the butter, chocolate, and peanut butter, the time it takes to prep the batter varies, but let’s just say it’s 10 minutes. The time it takes for Instant Pot to come to pressure is another 5 minutes. Cooking time is 20 minutes and time to release the pressure is 2 minutes. So, total time is 10+5+20+2=37 minutes.
If you want to be technical, then it’ll be another 15-20 minutes for the cakes to cool down so that they can be un-moulded. Cooling time is needed so that the cakes don’t fall apart when removed from the moulds. However, if you don’t mind them slightly falling apart, then you could definitely un-mould without a cooling period.
Ingredients and Variations for Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites
- Chocolate chips
- I use semi-sweet chocolate chips as they provide enough sweetness but aren’t overly sweet.
- I think you could use other kinds of chocolate chips if you’d like.
- Peanut butter
- I have a confession to make. I use regular peanut butter, not the all-natural kind when I bake with it.
- Probably you could use all-natural peanut butter but I’m not sure how it would work out.
- I have a feeling that you could reduce the amount of butter a little bit but I personally have not tried.
- Please let me know if you reduce the amount of butter and it works or doesn’t work for you.
- Brown sugar
- I tested these Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites with more brown sugar and they were too sweet for me but I prefer my desserts less sweet.
- You could probably reduce the amount of sugar a tiny little bit.
- If you prefer sweeter desserts, then feel free to increase sugar by 1-2 tablespoons.
- There’s no flour in these Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites, however, if you prefer denser, less fudgy and a bit more cakey, you could add between 2 to 4 tablespoons of flour.
- If you’d like to add flour but still keep the Cake Bites gluten-free, feel free to use gluten-free rice flour as it has a very neutral flavour and it’s also very fine.
NOTE: You can halve the ingredients and make 3-4 cake bites. You do not need to adjust the cooking time in Instant Pot.
Can you freeze Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites?
Yes, you can freeze these cake bites. Freeze them on a plate or a cutting board without touching. Once each cake is frozen individually, transfer to a freezer-safe container or a ziploc.
To defrost just keep at room temperature for a few hours. Texture should not really change after defrosting.
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Instant Pot Nutella Cake Bites
- Instant Pot Brownies (baked right in Instant Pot insert)
- Instant Pot Baked Apples (vegan and gluten-free)
- Small Batch Instant Pot Lemon Curd
- Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Chocolate Caramel Sauce (Chocolate Dulce de Leche)
- Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake for Two
DO YOU WANT MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES?
Join my Real Ingredients Instant Pot Recipes Facebook Group!!! It’s a fun and safe place to share your own Instant Pot recipes made with Real Ingredients.
Flourless Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites
- Instant Pot
- In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and unsalted butter together. Mix until smooth.You could use a microwave to do that or you could set a bowl over a pot of boiling water and melt the ingredients that way, whisking constantly.
- Cool the chocolate mixture slightly so that the eggs don't cook when added. Then add the brown sugar and eggs. Mix until smooth.Make sure that the eggs are well mixed in, otherwise they'll scramble when cooking.
- Spray the egg bites moulds really well with cooking spray.
- Divide the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites batter evenly between each of the 7 egg bites moulds. Cover the moulds with foil.
- Place the trivet that came with your Instant Pot inside.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water into your Instant Pot.
- Place the filled egg bites mould onto the trivet inside Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the vent on the lid to the sealing position.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cooker button (depending on your model) and using the arrow buttons set the cook time to 20 minutes. Depending on your Instant Pot model, it'll take around 5-6 minutes to come to pressure if you are using boiling water.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps that the 20 minutes of cooking are done, do a quick release. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Remove the egg bites mould out of Instant Pot and let cool completely. About 15-20 minutes. This will help the cake bites to keep shape. If you try to remove before they are cooled, they may break.
- Once cooled, run a knife around the edge of each cake bite and Invert over a plate. Enjoy!
Mention or tag @Imagelicious