Instant Pot S’Mores Latte is a delicious coffee drink that is perfect for a special occasion. Smooth, creamy, sweet with the smell of campfire marshmallows. Great holiday coffee drink made easy in an electric pressure cooker.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have four words for you: Instant Pot S’Mores Latte!!! If this is not the best thing you’ll eat/drink/consume/inhale this season then I don’t know what it is.
I was considering stopping writing at this point because this delicious S’Mores Latte needs no more words but I feel obliged to tell you a bit more about this absolutely wonderful, indulgent, sinful, delicious, incredible Holiday Coffee Drink!
It took a few tries to come up with the perfect ratio of coffee to milk, cream, and marshmallows. I always try to use less sugar, less fat, so I started with a much healthier version but it just didn’t taste like I envisioned it.
So, I threw away all my caution and went all in! It is not an everyday drink. It is a rare holiday celebration kind of latte. And it’s ok to indulge once in a while.
Before I continue with ingredients and instructions I want to point out that I am well aware that traditional latte is made with espresso and steamed milk. In my Instant Pot S’Mores Latte recipe I use brewed coffee, so technically it shouldn’t be called latte.
Whether you call it S’Mores Latte or just S’Mores Coffee, it is really delicious! It is sweet, creamy, it lightly smells like campfire and chocolate. Perfect to take a steaming mug of Instant Pot S’Mores Latte and go outside to drink it while looking at the snow-covered trees.
Ingredients to make Instant Pot S’Mores Latte
For S’Mores Coffee:
- Brewed coffee (although you can use drip, french press, or espresso)
- Whipping cream
- Melted dark chocolate
- Ground and whole graham crackers
You don’t really need to decorate the mugs as exuberantly as I did. But let’s face it, that is the best part!!!
Equipment needed to make Instant Pot S’Mores Latte
To make this S’Mores Latte the best possible Holiday Drink ever, you do need to use some specialized equipment:
- Instant Pot
- Ceramic insert for Instant Pot
- Fine mesh sieve
- Kitchen torch – sort of optional but it really is what takes this latte to the next level!
How to make S’Mores Latte in Instant Pot
The idea behind this recipe is that coffee is sweetened with marshmallow creamer. It could be very easily done on the stove, just the same way I do it for my Peppermint Marshmallow Latte.
With my love for all things fast and convenient, I chose Instant Pot.
- Make coffee.
- Add all the ingredients for S’Mores Latte to Instant Pot. I prefer using non-stick ceramic insert whenever I cook milky drinks in Instant Pot.
- Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes, then do 10 minutes natural pressure release.
- Carefully strain the S’Mores Latte through a fine-mesh sieve. It is an optional step but highly recommended as marshmallows may not dissolve properly and straining will help keep the coffee silky smooth.
- While the coffee is cooking in Instant Pot, dip the cups into melted chocolate and then into graham crumbs.
- Pour the Instant Pot S’Mores Latte into the prepared cups, add more marshmallows on top and torch them a bit. Add a big piece of graham cracker and serve!
TIP: for even more extra goodness, dip your coffee spoons into chocolate and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. You can now use the chocolate spoons to stir your coffee. Delicious!!
MORE DRINK RECIPES
- Peppermint Marshmallow Latte
- Lemon Affogato Coffee
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Iced Coffee
- Sparkling Campari Orange
- Watermelon Mimosa
Questions and Answers about S’Mores Latte
I love this amazing S’Mores Latte so much that I wanted to answer as many questions as possible just so that everyone else can enjoy this delicious drink!
Can you make S’Mores Latte without Instant Pot?
Yes, you can!!
- Make the S’Mores Marshmallow Creamer by melting the marshmallows into the milk and cream mixture. You can do it on the stove on a pot. I haven’t tried it myself but I imagine you might be able to do it in a slow cooker also.
- Add the creamer to your hot coffee and garnish.
Can you double the recipe?
Yes, you can!!
If you decide to double the recipe and still cook in Instant Pot, then you do not need to adjust the timing. Use the same time! It’ll just take a bit longer for your electric pressure cooker to come to pressure.
And yes, you can triple the recipe as well!
Can you make this S’Mores Latte Recipe less milky?
Sure, you can!
Use more coffee and less milk and cream but you’d need to do a bit of trial and error to make sure the ratio of milk to coffee that you personally would like.
Do you really need to strain the coffee?
I very strongly recommend straining the S’Mores Latte. The marshmallows may not melt properly and the texture will not be as smooth and creamy as if you strained the latte. I have tried not straining and although the flavour is delicious, the texture is not.
Can you use other sizes of marshmallows?
Yes, you can!!
I like using mini marshmallows because they are easy to measure in a cup, and also they look cute for garnishes. However, you can use any size of marshmallows you like. I’d suggest using scissors to cut the larger marshmallows into smaller pieces though, just so that they melt better.
1 cup mini marshmallows = 50 grams. So, for other sizes of marshmallows just make sure they weigh about 50 grams or more if you prefer sweeter coffee.
Can you add chocolate to the coffee?
I tried adding cocoa powder to the mixture before cooking it in Instant Pot, yet I didn’t like the flavour. You could try adding a few chocolate chips or a tablespoon or two of Nutella if you’d like, but I prefer just garnishing with melted chocolate.
Do you really need to use ceramic insert for Instant Pot?
No, you don’t!
I’ve made this Instant Pot S’Mores Latte in the standard stainless steel pot as well. However, I always prefer cooking my milky drinks using ceramic insert. It just really helps keeping the milk smooth.
Note: some Instant Pot models also display burn notice for milk if stainless steel insert is used. Both of my models work fine with milk but I always err on the side of caution and use ceramic insert.
Does the milk curdle in Instant Pot?
No, it does not!
I’ve made milky drinks in my Instant Pot many times and the milk has never curdled. You can also try my Instant Pot Hot Chocolate and it also doesn’t curdle. I do use ceramic insert for cooking it though.
Do you really need all that extravagant garnish?
Yes, you do! Ok, fine, I’m joking, you do not.
Of course, you can make this Instant Pot S’Mores Latte without the fancy chocolate-graham rim or toasted marshmallows on top, but then it’ll taste just like a sweet plain latte. Still delicious, but not like s’mores.
Can you keep S’Mores Latte in Instant Pot for a few hours?
Sure, if you use Keep Warm function!
You can make a large quantity of this delicious S’Mores Latte, strain, then pour back into Instant Pot and use Keep Warm function. Dip many cups into the melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbs and arrange next to Instant Pot. Whenever you or your family would want to have a tasty treat during your holiday festivities, just open your electric pressure cooker and ladle a bit of sweet coffee goodness into the prepared cups! So easy!
How to flavour Instant Pot S’Mores Latte
I find that with melted chocolate, graham crumbs, and slightly burnt marshmallows, there’s really no need to add any other flavourings, however, you could definitely try different variations:
- Use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate
- Add a splash of vanilla
- Add a splash of orange extract (I love chocolate and orange together) and zest some orange over the marshmallows on top
- For adults only: add a splash of your favourite liquor such as rum, whiskey, or even Bailey’s
- For an extra wintery treat, add a splash of peppermint extract to the coffee and garnish with crushed candy canes and a candy cane stir stick, similar to how I serve my Peppermint Marshmallow Latte
- I wouldn’t use multi-coloured marshmallows in the coffee just because I don’t know how they’d affect the final colour, but you could definitely use multi-coloured marshmallows on top for a fun and pretty presentation
- For kids: omit the coffee! Yes, it sounds strange but use an extra cup of milk or cream and omit the coffee. It’ll be a delicious and sweet creamy, milky, marshmallow-y (is it a word?) drink! Garnish and decorate the cups the same way! If the kids would prefer the drink to be brown instead of white then add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder for colour.
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes:
- Easiest Ever Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- 3 Ingredient Instant Pot Nutella Cake Bites
- Flourless Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Bites
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Pudding Cake
- Instant Pot Brownies (baked right in Instant Pot insert)
DO YOU WANT MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES?
Join my Real Ingredients Instant Pot Recipes Facebook Group!!! It’s a fun and safe place to share your own Instant Pot recipes made with Real Ingredients.
Instant Pot S'Mores Latte
For S'Mores Latte
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (about 50g)
- 1 large graham cracker, crushed into crumbs * (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips *
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
Make Instant Pot S'Mores Latte
- Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the vent on the lid to the sealing position.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cooker button (depending on your model) and using the arrow buttons set the cook time to 5 minutes. Use default High Pressure. Depending on your Instant Pot model, it'll take around 5-7 minutes to come to pressure.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps that the 5 minutes of cooking are done, do a natural pressure release for about 10 minutes. This will allow the coffee and milk to stop bubbling inside.
- Once 10 minutes of natural pressure release are done, do a quick release. This will take about 1 more minute.
- When you open the lid, you'll notice that there's a film at the top of the coffee and not all marshmallows are fully dissolved. This is expected!!!
- Whisk the latte as much as possible to make sure that everything is incorporated and then strain through a fine mesh seive.
Garnish and serve Instant Pot S'Mores Latte
- Melt the dark chocolate and place in a shallow plate.
- Place the graham crumbs in another shallow plate.
- Dip the rim of a serving mug into the melted chocolate first, then dip into graham crumbs.
- Pour S'Mores Latte into the prepared cup, garnish with mini marshmallows and use the food torch to burn them to your desired liking.
- Drizzle with a bit extra melted chocolate.
Mention or tag @Imagelicious