These Roasted Bananas are sweet, luscious, and deliciously sticky. Only two ingredients with a vegan option. Perfect to eat as a snack in the afternoon or with some yogurt in the morning. Made two different ways, you get to choose if you like your bananas soft and creamy, or leathery and chewy.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means that if you purchase something after clicking one of them, I will receive a small commission.
This recipe is Roasted Bananas, not Caramelized Bananas. I am utilizing natural sugars, just a bit of butter (regular or vegan) and heat to create a sweet, yet healthy, dessert.
By the way, if you love cooking in the oven as much as I do, then ORDER MY COOKBOOK. It has 75 delicious recipes all cooked in the oven. There’s even another version of caramelized oven-roasted bananas made with delicious maple syrup and coconut oil.
Two ways to make Roasted Bananas
- One way to make roasted bananas is to roast them for 20 minutes which would result in luxuriously soft and sweet dessert that you’d want to eat with a spoon while sipping Champagne.
- The other way is to roast the fruit for about 55 minutes, which would make much chewer bananas with thicker leathery skin, since it’s almost like making dried fruit.
I love both options and choose one based on my mood. If I’m making something for a quick dinner dessert, then I roast them for only 20 minutes.
If I’m baking in the morning, then I usually decide on a longer roasting time, this way I can just pick up a deliciously sticky piece of fruit with a fork and munch on it while watching tv or reading.
How to make Vegan Roasted Bananas
You can also make these Roasted Bananas vegan by using vegan butter or margarine. I actually love using soy butter that I get at an Eastern-European grocery store.
TIP: use coconut oil for a tropical flavour.
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter (or vegan butter or coconut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray the baking pan with oil.
- Cut the bananas in half and then slice each half lengthwise to end up with four quarters.
- Place the bananas in the pan and add little knobs of butter on top of the bananas.
- Roast for 20 min until the bananas are soft and lusciously creamy.
- Roast for 55 minutes until the bananas are deliciously sweet, sticky, and chewy.
Mention or tag @Imagelicious