Smoked Salmon and Dill Savoury Cake is an excellent appetizer or a snack. Great to stretch a little bit of smoked salmon into an elegant and unique way. Perfect addition to a seafood platter. Delicious with a glass of wine.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you purchase something after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission.
Savoury cakes/loaves/quick breads really deserve to be more popular. Wouldn’t you love to have a slice of flavourful something that tastes like a mix between the most delicious gourmet sandwich and cake?
Add a cold glass of beer or some wine and I think I’d be in heaven. As much as I love cheese, I love carbs even more and savoury cake is my absolutely favourite appetizer!
Different kinds of Savoury Cakes
I make various savoury cakes often. I wrote about my Blue cheese, pear and walnut cake recipe many moons ago.
I posted Blue Cheese, Pecans and Dates Bread relative recently.
I also love savoury muffins, like these Savoury Herbs and Cheese Muffins.
And today I am sharing Smoked Salmon and Dill Savoury Cake with you.
Delicious Roundup of 16 Budget Friendly Smoked Salmon Recipes
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, then you know that I love smoked salmon and I also love using it in a way that is budget friendly, for example, Affordable Canned and Smoked Salmon Rillettes or Smoked Salmon Croissant Strata.
Here’s a delicious roundup of 16 delicious Budget-Friendly Smoked Salmon Recipes.
How to make Smoked Salmon and Dill Savoury Cake
This recipe, like many other that I have on the site, uses very little smoked salmon for maximum flavour. It is also a one-bowl recipe.
- Chop the dill and smoked salmon
- Grate the cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients and lightly mix
- Add the chopped dill, smoked salmon, and grated cheese
- Pour into prepared baking pans and bake
How to enjoy Smoked Salmon and Dill Savoury Cake
I recommend this Smoked Salmon and Dill Savoury Cake with a glass of white wine.
It’ll also be perfect as part of a seafood platter when you are entertaining.
You can bake the loaf (or mini loaves like I did for the photos) a day before thus saving time and energy right before you have people over.
It’s great to serve alongside a seafood bisque.
How to store Smoked Salmon Savoury Cake
You can store this Savoury Cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, although I recommend eating it within 3-5 days as the cake will get a bit dry the longer it sits.
And if you have any dill leftovers, check out my mind-blowing trick how to store herbs for many weeks.
Smoked Salmon and Dill Savoury Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/5 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced smoked salmon (about 100 g)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they are smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the oil, milk and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper (if using) and mix just until the flour disappears.
- Add the cheese, smoked salmon, and dill. Mix until combined well.
- Butter and flour a loaf pan. Use either 9x5 or 11x4 or 4 small 3x5 pans like I used for photos. Alternatively you can line the pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes (see note) or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Mention or tag @Imagelicious