These Spicy Hawaiian Sliders are a perfect mix of sweet, savoury, and spicy. Great for busy weeknight dinner or relaxing weekends. Also great to bring to parties or picnics.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission.
I developed this recipe a year ago. Yet, somehow I couldn’t find a good time to publish it. Finally, I think now is the perfect time to share this recipe for delicious Spicy Hawaiian Sliders.
Baked sliders are great any time of the year but I especially like them in the summer. They seem like a great, no fuss, hands-off meal that is perfect to eat on the patio.
Many people don’t like using their ovens in the summer. I, however, strongly prefer oven over stove. Cooking on the stove most of the time means that you are supposed to actually stand next to your pot or pan and stir or flip or watch.
Cooking in the oven means that once the food is in the oven, you don’t have to be in the kitchen. So, even in the summer, it seems like a less hot or exhausting activity.
I am a huge proponent of oven cooking. If you don’t believe me, check out my cookbook, The Ultimate One-Pan Oven Cookbook, that has 75 original recipes all made in the oven, all made on one pan. You can learn more about the cookbook here.
These Spicy Hawaiian Sliders are ideal for busy nights. There’s barely anything that needs to be done except to assemble these beauties. The only part that needs some work is the sauce which is a mixture of Mayo and Sriracha. If you do not like spicy, then just omit Sriracha, thus making these sliders even faster and easier.
Ingredients to make Spicy Hawaiian Sliders
- Hawaiian Rolls (you can use store-bought or homemade Vegan Instant Pot No Knead Hawaiian Rolls)
- Mayo (store-bought or even Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise)
- Swiss cheese
- Canned pineapple slices
- Garlic powder
- Shredded coconut
How to make Spicy Hawaiian Sliders
These sliders (just like most sliders) are super easy to make and they can be assembled in only a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo and Sriracha to make the spicy sauce.
- In another small bowl, melt the butter and add the seasoning.
- Spread the spicy sauce over the Hawaiian Rolls, layer the ham, layer pineapple slices, cover with cheese, top with the second part of the rolls.
- Brush the rolls with the melted and seasoned butter, sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Bake until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Ingredients and variations for Spicy Hawaiian Sliders
- You want to find a slab of little slider rolls, NOT the slider rolls that are individual. They used to be difficult to find but now most grocery stores sell them.
- Use any kind you like: brioche, potato, regular, actual Hawaiian Rolls.
- I made these Spicy Hawaiian Sliders with my own homemade Vegan Instant Pot No Knead Hawaiian Rolls which are not as spongy and airy as the traditional rolls but still just as delicious!
- In case you cannot find those slabs of rolls, you could try and use individual rolls. Just pack them as close together on a roasting pan as you can.
- You could use any mayonnaise you like here.
- I love using my Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise.
- I love using Sriracha to add the spiciness to these Hawaiian Sliders. It works beautifully with sweet pineapple.
- Feel free to use your favourite spicy chili sauce.
- Feel free to use more for even spicier sandwiches or feel free to omit if you don’t eat spicy.
- Feel free to use ham or turkey or even chicken. Whatever deli meat you like.
- Different deli meat will mean that these sliders taste different but it’s not a bad idea.
- I like using Swiss cheese as it has a nice sharp and strong flavour.
- Feel free to use any melty cheese you like: mozzarella, havarti, cheddar, Monterey Jack, etc.
- I like using canned unsweetened pineapple. I find that it adds just enough sweetness to the sliders.
- Feel free to use sweetened pineapple if you prefer sweeter Hawaiian Sliders.
- Feel free to omit the pineapple, although it would turn the Hawaiian Sliders into Ham and Cheese Sliders.
- Coconut and pineapple make turn these sliders into Hawaiian sliders with their delicious tropical flavours.
- Technically, coconut can be omitted. I am all about customizing food to suit your own tastes.
- I find that coconut adds a nice crunch, textural contrast, and flavour, so I suggest keeping it.
If you like these Spicy Hawaiian Sliders, then try my 15-minutes Easy Jalapeño Chicken Sliders. They are so good!
Spicy Hawaiian Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian rolls (or potato rolls, brioche rolls, regular rolls)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 6 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (or your favourite melty cheese - use enough slices to cover everything, depending on the size of your sliced cheese you might need more than 4 slices)
- 8 slices canned pineapple
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the rolls horizontally in half so that you could make sandwiches.
- Place the bottom part of the rolls in an oven proof pan. You want the rolls to be pretty snug in there.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Spread the mayo mixture onto the bottom part of the rolls.
- Layer the slices of ham, then add the slices of pineapple, cover with sliced cheese and finally cover with the top parts of the rolls.
- In a small bowl mix melted butter, garlic powder, and salt. Brush the mixture over the tops of the rolls.
- Sprinkle the rolls evenly with shredded coconut.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the Spicy Hawaiian Sliders are heated through and the cheese is melted.